Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election Results

I would be lying if I said that I was not disappointed with the results of this year's Presidential Election. I did not want Barack Obama to win, I do not think he is the right man to run this country. I do not think that you can take a minority and put them in charge of the majority without many people voicing their opinion, and doing so rather loudly. And that does not make me a racist.
Now do not get me wrong I thought that Barack Obama talked a very good game, he is great at saying what you want to hear without really saying anything at all. As I was watching a debate one night I was listening to him talk his way into the minds of many Americans and as I was thinking, "This man could be exactly what we need to help this country", then GOD snapped me back to attention and said,"stop what you are doing and listen, truly listen to what this man is saying" and when I did I realized the above, He is not what this country needs, and I do not think it is in our best interest to have him as our President.
With that said, however, I do understand that we are told by God that we must pray for Mr. Obama even if we do like the position that he has been put in, and I do believe that just as we must pray for Mr. Obama to make the right decisions for us and our Country I believe that we must also pray for him tobegin a personal relationship with God and to seek God in his daily life, and to fully rely on Him in these next 4 years.
I do believe that there were Christians who voted for Mr. Obama and I am sure they had their reasons....reasons I will never understand.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I like your new blog look!