Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What's New?

Well I don't have any new pics to post but I just wanted to update everyone about what has been going on in the family as of late.
First of all, I am pleased to say that through diligent temperature checks, Bones has gone over a month without a febrile seizure. Every time we think he feels hot or he gets overly cranky we check his temp. All I have to say to him is temp. time and he raises his little arm, so he knows the drill. We are working on potty training and he does well, most of the time, he certainly likes his "big boy pants". He got a hold of a permanent black marker today (thanks to his big sister) and wrote all over his face, it wasn't a BIC marker so the baby wipes didn't get it off completely. We are seriously thinking of changing his nickname from "Bones" to "Blackjack". :o) He has learned that he is "ME" and he is on the fast track to learning the word "MINE" (again thanks to big sister) He will pat his chest and say "Baby" then he will say "Daddy" so he knows he is Daddy's Baby. Unfortunately he has moved from telling me "uh-uh" to the full fledged word of "NO" which does not make me happy in the least bit. I can't believe in April he will be turning "2"

Next, I am saddened to report that Millie Grace has 2 loose teeth, I know that means she is getting bigger, but I just thought it would be a little later when she got loose teeth, I don't know like 6. Anyway I have made the decision to start homeschooling her this year, as she is not technically old enough to start "public school" anyway, but honestly after hearing Rod Parsley talk about what they are teaching children in school, I am not sure I want her in public school anyway. She is writing her name and signing her own cards, I am just really pleased with what a good student she is, she is very eager to learn and of course arts and crafts is one of her favorite things to do. She is a great big sister and she watches out for Bones like a big sister should. I am very very proud of the little girl she is right now.


That is all for now, I am going to try and post some valentines day pics up as soon as I get them taken. Have a great February!!

Much Love
The Barbee's

No comments: