Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas 2008 with Mamaw and Papaw!!

On Christmas day we went to visit with my parents and have Christmas dinner.  We had turkey, ham, and all of the fixings, and my daddy and older sister's favorite...cranberry pecan pie.  For the last 4 years I have made this pie and I have never had a piece of it until this year....and it is yummy!  But anyway getting back to the memories that were made.  My older brother Tim and his family were there, my older sister came up from Surfside Beach with her 2 children, my younger brother was there with his wife and daughter, and my younger sister was there.  We also got to spend the holiday with my uncle David and aunt Linda and their granddaughter Kimberley.  
Amelia Grace and Levi really got alot of gifts, but I think they enjoyed being with their cousins most of all.  Bless his heart, Levi was suffering with a fever so he didn't want many people messing with him and come to find out he had double ear infections.  (We took him to the Dr. the next day)
Oh yeah I almost forgot my grandma was there or as Amelia Grace and Levi call her Gramma, and my Aunt Tina ( my daddy's sister) and her two boys were there.  
I spent most of my time out on the front porch in a rocking chair talking to my older sister.  I really miss her since she moved to the beach but that just means that we will be making trips to the beach this summer, I have never met my nephew, Gus or my niece, Apple.  Gus is a beautifulGreat Dane who is about 7 months old and is a smokey gray color, I have talked to him on the phone and can't wait to get to love on him and well,  Apple.... she's just crazy.   We had a great Christmas at my mama and daddy's house...a lot of people in a house that would otherwise be huge until you try to fit about 35 people in it at one time, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  My family may sometimes be odd, a little hard to get along with, or just simply crazy, ut they are my family and I love them just the way they are.

No comments: