Monday, October 6, 2008

The DMV and Costume Shopping

I discovered at 4:00am on Saturday morning, (after my cell phone woke me up to remind me that we had a surprise birthday party to go to that evening), that my drivers liscense expired on my 30th birthday. Jason did remind me that I needed to renew them... IN APRIL, but since then I have become a mommy of 2 and, besides the DMV was SUPPOSED to send me a reminder, which they DID NOT.

So after not being legally able to drive all weekend, my very sweet, kind, loving and just all around blessing to my life mother-in-law left her house at 7:00am this morning to go to the DMV and stand in line for me. (By the way if you live in the Concord and/or surrounding area you know this is very necessary.) I get Amelia Grace and Levi ready and we leave our house at 7:20am only to have to turn around to come back home because I forgot to put in my contacts. I am restriceted on my liscense for corrective lenses, but I actually see just as good without them. But anyway, I forgot my contacts so I came inside and grabbed a new pair out of the box and stuck them in my pocket, I know I should have put them in but I didn't. I was much to worried about getting pulled over and getting a ticket for driving without a liscense, which doesnt' make sense baciuse I do have a liscense it is just expired.

Thanks to my mother-in-law(which sounds like aname that should be reserved for a husbands mother that you do not like so I will call her Deloris from now on) I was the first person in line when they opened the doors at 8:05am, I was given my ticket and told to have a seat. I don't know id you know this but just because you are the first one in line doesn't mean you are the first one to go back. . But when I did get back to have my license renewed, I had to take the sign test and I almost missed the railroad crossing..actually I did but it was just a big yellow circle. I have two (not so quiet) children in the car with me and we usually pay attention to everything but signs on the road. So I got my license which I have to say is one of the best that I have had made, the picture is actually good.


I told Amelia Grace if she was good for her Nanny I would take her costume shopping after the DMV. How I ever let her talk me into a costume birthday party this year, I will never know. It actually sounded good in the planning stages.....not so much right now though. She said she needed to be a butterfly, but finding an insect costume isn't easy, so we settled for a"butterfly princess". We brought the costume home and it fit :) now on to mine & Jason's costumes.....we'll save that for another day.

No comments: