Saturday, October 4, 2008

An Interesting Conversation

A few weeks ago I was talking to Amelia Grace, my 2 year old, she brought one of her baby dolls in the living room to me and said, "I want a baby sister." I told her, "Well you have a baby brother, not a sister." She says," No Mommy I want a baby sister", so I tell her to go talk to her Daddy. I then think the conversation is over, because I know her Daddy is going to tell her "No". Besides there are no guarantees, the next baby could be another boy, but I am not trying to explain that one to a very precocious two year old. So a few days ago she came back to me with the baby doll and this time very demanding she said, "I want a baby sister, NOW", I tried to change the subject and mentioned to her that she really needed to talk to her Daddy. Which I don't think that she has or I am pretty sure that the subject would not have come up again. Anyway for now I haven't had to answer the question, "Why do I have a brother and not a sister?" I think she may have accepted her little brother...at least she hasn't tried to give him away yet!

No comments: