Saturday, October 4, 2008

Wednesday October 1, 2008....My 30th Birthday







Well on Wednesday I turned 30 years old, technically not until 7:29pm, but 30 nonetheless. I thought I would feel different, I had approached this particular birthday with much less enthuasim than I have all of the others, there was no excitement about gifts...no anticipation to go shopping. I actually cleaned my house!!!



It could be that I have a 5 month old son that is teething and I have been getting no sleep, but I really don't think so. So as I was feeling old and run down two very unique conversations popped into my head-One was a conversation I had a few months earlier with my younger sister. We were talking about getting older and she made the comment, now she just turned 21, she had heard that 30 was the new 20....yeah that was her attempt at making me not feel so old. Bless her heart I love her she is everything that I was at her age..it just makes me tired thinking about one of her weekends.



The next conversation was with a sweet friend Liz as we were sitting at her baby shower, some how we got on the topic of birthdays and I mentioned I was going to be turning 30. She turned to me and said,"did you ever think you would be a mom of two when you were 30?" Actually after we lost Remington in 2004 and I was told that I would never be able to get pregnant again, and if by some miracle I did I would never carry the baby to full term, actually I didn't think I would ever be a mommy to anyone.



Then 2 sweet little faces popped into my head...suddenly I thought...how great it is to be 30(the new 20), and to be a mommy to two of the most precious beautiful miracles in the world.



Thank you Melani & Liz...you made me realize age is just a silly little number.

No comments: