Monday, October 13, 2008

Fireman, Firewoman, or Firefighter???

I am just wondering what you call a female fireman?
You see, our almost 3 year old daughter has told us several times that when she grows up she wants to be a firefighter. I am not sure whether it is the fact that she wants to (A) run into burning buildings to save people in the most horrible of situations, (B) some of the situations that she will be put into, the things that she will see, or (C) at the tender age of 3 she is already so adamant and passionate about what she wants to be when she grows up.
It isn't as though she has some silly reason for wanting to be a firefighter, she actually has logical, and reasonable reasons. If you ask her it isn't I want to ride on the big red truck, or I might get to play with a spotted dog. She says she wants to help people when they need it most.
Jason says he thinks she will make a great firefighter, and we should foster this in her and I say, it scares me.
I asked her if she would like to go see a real fire station and real fire trucks (Jason has a childhood friend that is a 10 year veteran on the Concord Department) she said,"sure, mommy but you know I am going to work there in a few years when I grow up." Man, she is growing up too fast.
She also says that Levi is going to be a firefighter when he grows up......who knows maybe we will have two in the family.

No comments: