Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Scrapbook

Recently I thought my mama was very sick. I called her one day and asked her what she was doing she said she was separating pictures by families, now if any of you know my mama ( and some do) you know she is not one to clean out anything. So I told Jason that night I thought she might be sick and just not telling me. It turns out that I was just being paranoid and she is perfectly healthy. When she and mt daddy came up for my birthday dinner on Sunday they gave me my gifts one was a scrapbook starting from the day I was born going up to the day that I gave birth to Levi. This is why she was cleaning out our pictures. I was so touched by this gift and it never crossed my mind she would be doing this for me. I am so happy she did.

I now have pictures of my Mamaw and Papaw who have passed away and my Uncle Peewee who has also passed away. I have actually gotten to sit down and look at this very precious scrapbook and see pictures of my friends like Brandy and Nicole, and pictures of my 16th b-day when I got my little white convertible cabriolet. pictures of me in plays at church and memories that I had forgotten, or just had not taken the time to remember.
What an awesome gift to give me these memories that will now last a lifetime that I can share with my children when they get older.

No comments: